Senior Java Engineer
As a Sr. Java Software Engineer, you will be a key member in charge of improving our existing solutions. You will use your ability to communicate on both a high level and in detail regarding the solutions you are planning to execute. You will also have to clearly articulate your solution to both architects and product owners and manager so the team and architects can review and help in any way needed in order to build a world-class product. We are a technology group, working to develop and advance the best SaaS/PaaS solutions for large enterprises around the globe. Are you a passionate developer who lives on the command line, eats open source for breakfast, and wants to do work that impacts millions of users, large fortune 500 companies and other customers? We want you!
- Design, implement and deploy responsive, accessible and highly modular code.
- Refactor and optimize existing systems for performance, scalability, reliability, and maintainability applying high craftsmanship.
- Collaborate with architects, engineers, and business owners to provide the best possible solutions while considering roadmap requirements, technical debt, and other rollouts.
- Work with product owners to understand desired application capabilities and testing scenarios.
- Display craftsmanship and attention to detail.
- Design and Develop systems with high availability, resilience, and scalability.
- Bring a passion to stay on top of tech trends, experiment with and learn new technologies, participate in internal & external technology communities, and mentor other members of the engineering team and community.
- Encourage innovation, implementation of cutting-edge technologies, inclusion, outside-of-the-box thinking, teamwork, self-organization, and diversity.
- Bachelors degree in CS/CE or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years of recent hands-on coding and software design
- 5+ Design and architecture knowledge as well as familiarity with object-oriented analysis and design patterns (OOA/OOD)
- 4+ years of developing web applications with core Java, Spring Framework (MVC, Data JPA, Security, etc), Spring-boot 2.0, JPA (EclipseLink/Hibernate/etc implementation), Gradle, SQL (RDBMS), MongoDB experience.
- 4+ years of hands-on with testing frameworks like JUnit, TestNG, etc.
- 4+ years of professional experience designing and consuming ReSTful APIs
- Agile development methodologies
- Linux experience
- Swagger API design and SDK generation
- Experience with designing solutions that are hosted on AWS
The role has an opportunity for global travel for collaboration and knowledge transfers between our various teams (non-mandatory)
What’s in it for you:
- Competitive salary
- Full health and dental insurance
- Lunch Included
- VPN Days
- Unlimited PTO
- Flexible work schedules
- Tuition/Conference Reimbursement
- Work with smart people in a great company culture
- Space to innovate
Applicants must be authorized to work in the U.S.