Senior Frontend Engineer
EnterpriseAlumni is seeking an experienced, hardworking Senior Frontend Engineer to bring our product to the next level. Our SaaS platform is the market leader in the corporate alumni space, with clients ranging from Fortune 500 companies all the way down to mid-size firms. As a Senior Frontend Engineer, you will be a key member of a small but agile team contributing to front-end architecture and developing web-based client facing solutions for our Alumni Platform. You will be working with teams locally and across the globe to improve our current front-end application. You will also implement new features and functionality and must be a team member that can unite everyone. If you are passionate developer who is comfortable crafting pixel-perfect CSS, architecting front-end infrastructure, and writing bullet-proof code, we want you!
What’s in it for you:
Competitive salary | Full health and dental insurance (100% employer paid) | Equity | Free Lunch | Work from home Fridays | Unlimited PTO | Free Parking | Dog friendly office with outdoor space | Standing Desk | Flexible work schedules | Tuition/Conference Reimbursement | Space to innovate | Work with smart, respectful people in a great company culture
- Architect, implement and deploy responsive, accessible and highly modular code
- Refactor, upgrade and simplify existing systems for easy maintenance
- Collaborate with design, back-end engineers, and business owners to provide the best possible solutions
- Work with product owners to understand desired application capabilities and testing scenarios
- Display craftsmanship and attention to detail
- Bring a passion to stay on top of tech trends, experiment with and learn new technologies, participate in internal & external technology communities, and share your knowledge and experience with other members of the engineering team and community.
- Bring a passion to stay on top of tech trends, experiment with and learn new technologies, participate in internal & external technology communities, and mentor other members of the engineering team and community.
- Encourage innovation, implementation of cutting-edge technologies, inclusion, outside-of-the-box thinking, teamwork, self-organization, and diversity.
- 4+ years of recent hands-on coding and software design with front-end technologies
- 5+ years of professional experience HTML, CSS/Sass/Less, consuming and designing RESTful services
- 2+ years of professional experience with testing frameworks like Karma/Jasmine/Mocha/Sinon/Chai/etc.
- 1+ years experience with Webpack/Angular Cli and Yarn (build automation, modularization)
- 1+ years experience with Gatsby Framework and React
- Agile development methodologies
- Linux experience
- Experience with Nightwatch.js
- Experience building GraphQL microservices
- Experience using NodeJS and ExpressJS to build microservices
- Experience using and building a headless CMS
- Basic AWS knowledge (CloudFront, Lambdas, S3)
- Familiarity with at least one of the following programming languages: Java, C#
The role has an opportunity for global travel for collaboration and knowledge transfers between our various teams (non-mandatory)
What you’ll do in the first 30 days:
- Familiarize yourself with the front-end codebase
- Fulfill front-end engineering needs for onboarding new clients
- Troubleshoot and fix bugs
- Deploy feature enhancements to production
Additionally, within the first 3 months you will:
- Architect/build small features
- Contribute to architecting and building a larger feature
- Begin refactoring legacy code to enhance/improve performance
- Perform code reviews for other engineers/teams
By 6 months and beyond you will:
- Architect/build medium and large features
- Own parts of the front-end infrastructure and architecture
Applicants must be authorized to work in the U.S.