The Corporate Alumni Conference is a once-a-year, content-rich, in-person opportunity to help put your organization at the forefront of all things Alumni Engagement.
This conference will help you keep up with industry trends and build your competitive advantage with a host of speakers and sessions designed to disrupt the status quo and introduce new approaches, innovative ideas, and industry trends. The conference aims to deliver fresh views and inspiring stories to shift your perspectives and deepen your understanding of engaging your Alumni to deliver organizational value.
The conference is applicable to customers in all Alumni maturity stages as it focuses not on the “what” or the “outcomes” but on the “why”. People participate in many different communities concurrently which means your community is fighting for the attention of members in an endless sea of options and distractions.
The days of “announcing” a new Alumni Network, inviting some people to it, and expecting engagement to appear as if by magic are long gone, replaced by meaningful experiences that enrich the lives of your post-employment community.
The conference focuses on what it takes to build a meaningful experience with your Alumni and deliver an engaged network.
The 2020 Alumni Conference Theme:
The theme of this year’s conference is “From Passive To Active.” It will focus on helping organizations better transform their members beyond just consumers of your content and into active community participants.
This two-day conference will include a number of panels and thought leaders who have studied, developed, and built systems to bridge the Passive-to-Active member gap.
Who should attend the conference?
(1) All EnterpriseAlumni customers in any stage of maturity or implementation.
(2) All companies with legacy platforms looking to join the EnterpriseAlumni customer community.
(3) Alumni Thought leaders on Community, Future Of Work, Engagement, Employee Experience.
(4) Niche Experts: Annually we choose a forward-looking focus area and bring in a series of experts
(5) Alumni. Alumni. Alumni. We include a focus group of diverse Alumni to be in the room for all conversations so they can be the voice of the broader Alumni Community.
Where is the conference hosted?
The Alumni Conference is always hosted by one of our customers and we alternate between Europe and the Americas to ensure all customers can attend.
We take into account all variables for our participants, including local hotels, airport accessibility and more.
The Core Talk Tracks:
The agenda is designed to maximize the ability for customers to learn, discuss, and innovate with key takeaways to apply to their community and organization enabled by the product expectations for the next 12 months.
The core focus is to convert Passive Users (Consumers Of Content) into Active Users (Creators Of Content) and this is enabled via two core programs:
BI. Data/Predictive/Test Led Analytics
You cannot measure what you do not track. You cannot improve what you do not measure. A deep dive into how you can crunch, understand and interpret your data in a manner that is impactful on your focus areas and your Alumni. How to understand who is engaged, what engaged means and how to then micro-segment your audience even further. Leveraging your data to help you develop programming to drive your Alumni into predictable paths. This segment will include hands-on usage of commonly available tools and data in a workshop led environment that allows participants to watch, try and play with their own data in real-time.
(1) Do we see that when “older” people visit the portal, their mouse goes a little all over the place, slightly lost, and therefore we should include training or directives on what to do?
(2) Do we see that a certain segment is more engaged in email/comms during certain dates and times and therefore need to split our comms to be more targeted?
(3) Do we see people have started to post content but then stopped halfway through, should we sent out a quick in-app message or email asking if we can help?
(4) Drill down the user journey funnel to see where users are leaving and what path they took through the site based on who they are and all identifiable data points.
The Journey To An Engaged User
What are the functional steps any community must take to introduce the value of the program to a member and the journey from introduction to community advocate? This is a workshop led program focused on building a strategic plan that sets measurable objectives required to progress the user through the four-step journey all users must pass through to be considered a contributor. A specific focus on the “hot” points when users start to slide into an inactive user state and the mechanisms to identify and rectify. Participants will leave with a plan that they can then start to implement.