Law firms starting their Alumni journey or ready to refresh their existing Alumni Network understand that engaging their Alumni is more than just a newsfeed and a directory. Alumni 2.0 is about delivering value to your community, creating an engaging experience and building a network of brand advocates to drive business development, recruiting or thought leadership.
From Junior Attorneys to Partners, your Alumni will go on to work in the public sector, private sector, set up their own offices or move to competitors and therefore the needs of your Alumni will vary greatly depending on where they are in their career and where they are going. Your Alumni Network needs to be contextual and relevant in providing the appropriate value to the Alumni.
How are some Law Firms engaging their Alumni Population?
- RECRUITING: Providing a careers portal to include not only opportunities at your firm, but also at your customers and allowing your Alumni to post their own jobs.
- BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT: Integrating with the CRM to surface Alumni in the private sector that you are / are not doing business with to drive net new business or expansion of existing business.
- LEAD PIPELINES: Driving a program to make it easy for your Alumni to refer business, understand your competencies and connect internally with the right stakeholder.
- THOUGHT LEADERSHIP: Identifying Alumni in high-profile or niche positions to invite into fire side conversations, webinars or other sales and marketing based activities.
- ACRITAS RATINGS: Leveraging your Alumni community to show innovation, diverse thinking and market presence are all attributes that can impact your Acritas score.
- PROJECT BASED WORK: With a large volume of work undertaken by partner firms or consultants, understanding the competencies of your Alumni allow you to access this talent pool quickly and easily.
- MENTORING & VOLUNTEERING: Connecting Alumni to each other or to existing employees starting their careers to provide guidance, knowledge and assistance to those just starting their careers
The EnterpriseAlumni delivers value with a platform that is design led and deployed with the leading innovations.
EnterpriseAlumni was built from the ground up using best in class technologies to deliver a brilliant experience to our customers and their end users. Technology designed to ensure your Alumni are engaged, being delivered value and offered a suite of compelling benefits.
Hear from Adrienne Jaroch, Firm-wide Alumni Engagement Manager @Kirkland & Ellis and Danya Ray, Alumni Relations Specialist @Greenberg Traurig about the challenges to engage former attorneys and the questions law firms are exploring to drive greater value between former attorneys and the organization. as part of our Corporate Alumni Leadership Series.