7 Reasons to Foster an Alumni Community
Recently, CIO Magazine wrote a piece entitled ‘7 reasons to hire back the right former employees.’ Citing information from a 2015 Kronos study about changing mindsets, the survey of more than 1,800 human resources professionals and employees acknowledges that employee engagement should not end once the working relationship is over – especially between high-performing alumni and organizations with a strong corporate culture.
The key 7 messages in a nutshell?
- High performers get priority: rehire those who left your company in good standing.
- Choose wisely: be selective and remember, sometimes you need a fresh perspective as much as an alumni.
- Reduced on boarding: former employees don’t need as much training as new employees.
- Reducing risk: if employees are already comfortable with the culture, they can be more productive on their first day.
- Sending the right message: rehires can be a morale boost.
- Have an alumni strategy: if you want to maintain the relationship, you need a strategy to do so.
- Start early: long before an employee becomes an alumni, the platform and strategy needs to be in place.
For more information about EnterpriseAlumni and how to engage and manage your valuable alumni community, get in touch with us.
|7 reasons to hire back the right former employees | CIO Hiring back people who left your organization is never an easy decision, but more companies are saying yes to the right former workers. Find out why.|